Simple, reliable, and easy-to-use, the NEW Fleck 5600SXT Electronic
Meter-Demand Valve is the newest version of one of the most popular
systems used throughout the world today.
technology for advanced performance! The newest version of the rugged,
time-tested Fleck 5600, the 5600SXT gives the user the benefit of
unique programming and diagnostic features previously unavailable on
the previous 5600SE. One key NEW feature is the on-board capacitor,
which keeps the correct time during a power outage for up to 48 hours!
You may also program the system's regeneration sequence individually to
maximize efficiency and keep water use to a minimum. Also, the system
keeps time electronically, so the drive motor only runs during
regeneration, saving the possibility of motor burn-outs, and running
BIRM - Iron & Manganese Reduction
BirmŽ is an efficient and economical media for the reduction of dissolved iron and manganese compounds from raw water supplies. Birm, acting as a catalyst between the oxygen and the soluble iron compounds, enhances the oxidation reaction of Fe++ to Fe+++ and produces ferric hydroxide which precipitates and may be easily filtered. The physical characteristics of Birm provide an excellent filter media which is easily cleaned by backwashing to remove the precipitant. Birm is not consumed in the iron removal operation and therefore offers a tremendous economic advantage over many other iron removal methods.
- Under the proper conditions, no chemicals to purchase for maintenance.
- Iron removal efficiency is extremely high
- Negligible maintenance cost: only periodic backwashing required.
- Durable material with a long life and wide temperature range
- pH range of 6.8 - 9.0
- Iron range of up to15ppm
- Dissolved Oxygen (D.O.) content must be equal to at least 15% of the iron (or iron and manganese) content. Air Injection may be required otherwise.
- Service flow rate of 5 gpm/sq ft (intermittently higher flows are possible)
- Backwash flow rate of 10 gpm/sq ft
*** Important! - To ensure the proper operation of your iron filter, be sure that when sizing your iron filter system your well pump can deliver at least 20% more water than the backwash requirement of your intended system.
This Product Includes:
- Fleck 5600SXT Backwashing Valve
- Plumbing Adapter (As Chosen From Options)
- 10x54 Mineral Tank
- 1.50 Cu Ft BIRM & Gravel Underbedding
Helpful Links & Downloads:
- Regen Type: Timeclock Initiated
- Timer Type: Electronic
- Cycle Type: 3-Cycle Adjustable
- Electrical Requirements: 24vac/60hz (Plug-In Transformer Included)
- Limited Warranty: 5 yrs Valve & 10 yrs Tank
- Recommended Service Flow Rate: Up to 6.00 gpm
- Backwash Rate: 6.00 gpm
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 11x14x61
- Shipping Weight: 120 lbs