Simple and reliable, the Fleck 5600 Backwashing Valve provides 3/4"
internal porting for good flow rates and minimal pressure drop, making
this valve perfect for use in homes with 3/4" or 1" plumbing! Also
featuring a sturdy design and simple assembly, the Fleck 5600 offers
great value, performance, and long-lasting service.
BIRM - Iron & Manganese Reduction
BirmŽ is an efficient and economical media for the reduction of dissolved iron and manganese compounds from raw water supplies. Birm, acting as a catalyst between the oxygen and the soluble iron compounds, enhances the oxidation reaction of Fe++ to Fe+++ and produces ferric hydroxide which precipitates and may be easily filtered. The physical characteristics of Birm provide an excellent filter media which is easily cleaned by backwashing to remove the precipitant. Birm is not consumed in the iron removal operation and therefore offers a tremendous economic advantage over many other iron removal methods.
- Under the proper conditions, no chemicals to purchase for maintenance.
- Iron removal efficiency is extremely high
- Negligible maintenance cost: only periodic backwashing required.
- Durable material with a long life and wide temperature range
- pH range of 6.8 - 9.0
- Iron range of up to15ppm
- Dissolved Oxygen (D.O.) content must be equal to at least 15% of the iron (or iron and manganese) content. Air Injection may be required otherwise.
- Service flow rate of 5 gpm/sq ft (intermittently higher flows are possible)
- Backwash flow rate of 10 gpm/sq ft
*** Important! - To ensure the proper operation of your iron filter, be sure that when sizing your iron filter system your well pump can deliver at least 20% more water than the backwash requirement of your intended system.
This Product Includes:
- Fleck 5600 Backwashing Valve
- Plumbing Adapter (As Chosen From Options)
- 9x48 Mineral Tank
- 1.00 Cu Ft BIRM & Gravel Underbedding
Helpful Links & Downloads:
- Regen Type: Timeclock Initiated
- Timer Type: Mechanical
- Cycle Type: 3-Cycle Fixed
- Electrical Requirements: 120vac/60hz (Plug-In Transformer Included)
- Limited Warranty: 5 yrs Valve & 10 yrs Tank
- Recommended Service Flow Rate: Up to 4.00 gpm
- Backwash Rate: 5.00 gpm
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 11x14x55
- Shipping Weight: 120 lbs