Simple, reliable, and
easy-to-use, the Fleck 5600 valve is still one of the most popular softener
control valves in use today in homes throughout the world.
Calcite - pH Neutralization
Calcite is a crushed and screened white marble media which can inexpensively be used to neutralize acidic or low pH waters to a neutral, less corrosive output.
*** Important! - To
ensure the proper operation of your neutralizing filter, be sure that
when sizing the system your well pump can deliver at least 20% more
water than the backwash requirement of your intended system.
the Calcite’s calcium carbonate neutralizes the water, it will increase
hardness and a softener may become necessary after the neutralizing
- Calcite corrects pH only enough to reach a non-corrosive equilibrium.
- Certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 60
- Periodic backwashing will prevent packing, reclassify the bed and maintain high service rates.
- Depending on pH, water chemistry and service flow, the Calcite bed will have to be periodically replenished as the Calcite is depleted
- Low uniformity coefficient for maximum contact for controlled pH correction
- Inexpensive media
- Water pH range of 5.0-7.0
- Service flow rate of 6 gpm/sq ft (Intermittently higher flows possible)
- Backwash flow rate of 12 gpm/sq ft
This Product Includes:
- Fleck 5600 Backwashing Valve
- Plumbing Adapter (As Chosen From Options)
- 10x54 Mineral Tank
- 1.50 Cu Ft Calcite Media & Gravel Underbedding
Helpful Links & Downloads:
- Regen Type: Timeclock Initiated
- Timer Type: Mechanical
- Cycle Type: 3-Cycle Fixed
- Electrical Requirements: 120vac/60hz (Plug-In Transformer Included)
- Limited Warranty: 5 yrs Valve & 10 yrs Tank
- Recommended Service Flow Rate: Up to 5.00 gpm
- Backwash Rate: 6.00 gpm
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 11x14x61
- Shipping Weight: 210 lbs